Thursday, September 6, 2012

A Barrel Full of Pennies

Hey there, everybody!

So, today I'll be writing a bit about the play I'm currently involved with: A Barrel Full of Pennies! You're probably going to be hearing a good little bit about it through the next couple weeks. (I'll try my best not to bore you with it, though! Promise!)

"In the household of Adonis Samaritan, cab driver and lover of mankind, all homeless creatures, dogs, lame ducks and people—are welcome, much to the distress of daughter Alicia, who wishes she didn't have to be embarrassed at the thought of inviting her elegant boyfriend, Milton, to dinner. But plans are made, only to be jeopardized by the arrival of still another "stray," a self-proclaimed folk singer named Alvin, whom Adonis brings home to join "Cousin" Lu, "Uncle" Nemo, and the assorted animals quartered in the cellar. Despite the best intentions of Adonis and his wife, Mina, to have things go smoothly, they go, as luck would have it, quite the opposite, and the complications multiply hilariously." (Dramatists Play Service, Inc.) 

I'm playing Mina in my university's production of A Barrel Full of Pennies! Mina is the snarky, but loving, big momma of the household. She is constantly on her feet, racing around to make sure that everyone else is taken care of to the best of her ability, which is a challenging thing when her husband keeps bringing home more and more strays(of the animal and people categories).

I am so excited about this production! I get to work with a fantastic cast, crew, and director, which is, well... fantastic! :D

Also:

I GET TO HAVE AN ACCENT!

...Well, one that isn't my new natural southern twang that just won't go away. (Stop laughing. Stop laughing right now. I'm onto you...)

Regardless, this is a sort of bittersweet thing. I adore accents, but I'm not going to claim that they are my forte. It'll be interesting to see what I eventually end up with. Good thing I enjoy a challenge! :D Perhaps I'll make a video of it once I'm decent enough at it!

A couple of other things that are likely to be happening in the near future:
  • an old age makeup tutorial (for stage, obviously. :D)
  • a pinterest and polyvore post
  • costume construction (for both Halloween and this production)
If there is anything you'd like to see me do/attempt to do, let me know! I'd be more than happy to give it a shot for you! Talk to you guys soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment